This blend is a combination of strong ginger root, lemongrass, and a sprinkle of linden. Many people find tremendous relief from everything from sore throats to the common cold with this powerful trifecta of herbs. Here is a little breakdown of some of the properties of each ingredient:
1. Ginger root: Spicy, peppery flavor, anti-inflammatory, aids nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain. Boosts immunity and has been known to protect against certain types of cancers, especially ovarian (Dr. Liu/University of Michigan).
2. Lemongrass: lemony, tart, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, helps digestive tract spasms, high blood pressure, achy joints (rheumatism), fever, the common cold, and exhaustion.
3. Linden: earthy, detox, aids colds/flu, inflammation, indigestion, helps with anxiety, natural sedative, heart support.
Here are some notes on this herbal blend:
• Overview: Powerful healing blend known to aid wellness and recovery from illnesses like sore throats and colds.
• Dry Leaf: Mixture of herbs including dried ginger root, lemongrass stalks and linden.
• Liquor (liquid): Very pale yellow
• Aroma: Ginger is upfront and the lemongrass wafts in the background
• Flavor notes: It’s got a nice peppery kick from the ginger root and yet is easy to sip. The tart lemongrass is a nice compliment to the ginger. Smooth.
• Brewing recommendation: Rolling boil / 212° Fº / 5+ minutes.
• Caffeine: No
-The Chief Leaf