“All our wisdom is stored in the trees (and plants.)” – Santosh Kalwar
Poor Kermit the Frog, but in this case it really is Easy Being Green. We call Jade Cloud our “least offensive” green tea. It’s one of those green teas that’s just easy to drink and just about everyone that tries it, likes it.
Its not overly grassy, not overly vegetal, not overly spinach-y or asaragus-y. Its just not “overly”. It’s easy. It’s why it’s one of our most popular everyday green teas. And its Organic.
I often hear from many people that they don’t like green tea. My response is always a reply with these 5 questions:
- What green tea is it?
- How much tea are you using in your cup?
- How are you heating the water?
- How long are you brewing it?
- Have you tried Jade Cloud?
The answers to questions 2-4 once I’ve recommended Jade Cloud are:
- 1/2 – 1 rounded tsp per 8-10oz cup (Most American mugs are larger than that)
- It should be around 175˚ (Not boiling. Boiling burns the leaf creating bitterness)
- Roughly 2 minutes though some people have reported they like theirs at 3 minutes. (Any longer and the bitterness will come through. And that’s true of most green teas.)
Question #1 is key because it really does come down to the type of green tea a person may or may not like. Some love the distinct notes of Japanese greens that are highly grassy while others prefer greens with lighter floral notes. It’s often a matter of finding the green tea that makes your tastebuds sing rather than just a blanket statement of: “I don’t like green teas.”
Our Jade Cloud comes from the Anhui Province of China where clouds drift in and cool the gardens and create some shade. That brings out its deep green color and develops its wonderful flavor. It’s grown at a high elevation of 1200 meters and harvested in early Spring, when the tea leaves are young.
The color of the brewed liquid is light – almost a pale yellow and has aromatic notes of cucumber and magnolia flowers and cucumber. It’s flavor is slightly buttery, smooth, with light notes of citrus and a touch vegetal.
If you are looking to find your way into drinking green tea here’s an opportunity to try Jade Cloud. Use code TEAGIVING6 to get 25% OFF this delightful Green tea.
It just might change your mind about Green Tea.
~The Chief Leaf